December 25, 2010

Letters to Liliana

Dear Liliana,

A year ago on Christmas day you were a tiny 3 month old with a gummy smile, and curious eyes. Everything and everyone was still so new to you.  You sat quietly in the laps of your relatives just taking everything in, and enjoying all the festivities.Your first Christmas was just as incredible as we thought it would be and a million times better. You were and still are the greatest gift we have ever received.

And Today, as we sit and watch you slowly open your gifts, we are thankful to be so truly blessed. We watched you, Your eyes so big as you took everything in. You showered us in good morning kisses and giggles as you crawled towards dada in your new tent and play tunnel.

You were the center of attention and entertainment at EVERY christmas party that we went to. You were so cute. You danced, twirled, jumped, talked, played, ran,and loved everywhere we went. You brought the Christmas spirite and excitement back into everyones lives. You gave the gift of Christmas.

It is so hard for me to believe that you have already experienced your second christmas, and I find myself asking the same question once again; where did the time go?

With that, I just wanted to say Thank you Lily, Thank you for filling everyone's hearts with love, joy and appreciation for the holidays. I love you so much, more than I can ever express to you, and I am trully greatful to have you as my daughter. Merry Christmas Baby Girl.

Love
Mama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Liliana,

I love you so much, and even though we get to see each other a few times a year, I still think about you everyday. You have grown so much and you keep growing as the days go by. I am so thankful to be able to call you my goddaughter. I wish that I could be part of your life more but it is hard being 1300 miles apart. I know that we will grow together and will develop our own great memories each time I come up to visit you. I hope you enjoyed your 2nd Christmas, and I know you will enjoy the many more to come. Your mommy and daddy are so proud of you. I want you to always remember you are very loved. I enjoy hearing you talk to me on the phone and our skype dates, soon we will be talking back and fourth and you will be showing me all of your wonderful accomplishments. I look forward to continuing to watch you grow and all the pictures mommy sends me. I just can't get over how beautiful you get as you keep growing.

Lily, I want you to always remember that I love you very much and will always be cheering for you. You are always in my heart and I do not go a day without thinking about you and your mommy. You and your family are the best friends a girl can ever ask for and I am very grateful to have you guys in my life!

I look forward to my visits with you. I can't wait to play with all of your wonderful toys and read books with you!

Keep doing all the wonderful things you are doing, and remember you will always have your cheerleaders right behind you!

All my love,

Your Godmother, Aunt T

Jules said...

Theresa this brought a tear to my eye, Lily is so darn lucky to have such an amazing loving godmother

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...