November 8, 2011

Twenty-Five

 I always assumed I would have a  problem with this birthday. Being young, doing youthful things has always been something I’ve really clung to. I’ve always looked back on my childhood and the passing of the carefree years of my life with great sentiment.

Some parts of my soul stopped growing at seven. and sixteen. and twenty. and there are days when I only want to see the world through the eyes of the girl I was at those ages.

But, here I am 25 years old. Half way to 50. A quarter of a century old. And you know what I am much more content with 25 than i thought i would be. 25 to me always seemed so final, even more so than 30. And I know everyone over 30 right now is telling me to shut it, but that is just how i felt.

Although when I look at what I have today and what I had ten years ago - I wouldn’t trade places for even a minute. I spent the last ten years finding out who I wanted to be, discovering who would be the love of my life, learning what it meant to be a self sufficient adult, and more recently, how to be a mother.

And i couldn't be happier, these past 25 years have been an amazing ride and I can not wait to see what the next 25 hold for me.

Love
 Jules

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...